Sunday 8 December 2013

Gift Tags

My littlest princess has recently turned one!  We are celebrating this coming Saturday at her "Winter Onederland" party (I know its not actually winter yet, just go with me) and I am planning on sending everyone home with their own little snowflake that I have made out of cornstarch dough (seriously great stuff!) and the kiddies will be painting them in the next few days to make them extra special.  I know they will be beautiful little favors on their own, but I decided to make up some quick little tags to make the gifts more, gift like.


Aren't they cute!?!?!?  These little ditties are very quick to make and would make a wonderful handmade touch to your Christmas (or with a little tweaking birthday) gifts this year!  Want to make some simple tags yourself?  Comm'on you KNOW you want to!  I promise, you'll be so proud delivering your gifts with your own handmade tags!


First you'll need a few things: Heavy Cardstock, Ribbon or String, a Hole Punch or Crop-A-Dile, a Snowflake punch (mine is an old one from Martha Stewart), a Scallop Edge punch (mine is from Stampin' Up!) and a pair of Scissors or a Paper Trimmer.


First, you need to trim down your paper, I cut mine into 2" by 3" rectangles.


Next, trim off the top corners, I didn't actually measure, I just eyeballed the top 1/3 of the rectangle and cut toward the middle on an angle.


Now use your hole punch or Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole in the top


Then, I trimmed the bottom edge with my scallop punch.


Next, punch out a little snowflake (I liked it a little further from the edge then this one shows, but you get the picture)


Finally, thread your ribbon or string through the hole!

That's it!  Six simple steps to wonderful, handmade, tags that will knock the socks off of everyone!  Seriously!  No one expects handmade things anymore so spread some extra cheer this year (enjoy a few complements too!) by adding that special touch!

Thanks for reading!  
~ Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment